Last week you got the announcement that tofucado will start being tofucado & books content. That means that from now on, tofucado will not only feature food but also books. I think, as far as we go, the blog will remain all about that food content because it’s much easier to write about food than it is to write about books. That doesn’t mean you won’t get your occasional book content here, but it will be mostly about food if it happens. So, today’s recipe is all about baking and I want to share with you this amazing, super easy (really, it was extremely easy to do this one), vegan apple bundt cake with a delicious caramel glaze. As per usual, check out the video recipe down below:
Ingredients to make this vegan apple bundt cake
This cake has two steps, the actual cake & the caramel glaze. We’ll start with the cake.
- Tons of apples
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon & nutmeg
- Sugar (brown sugar)
- Soy milk
Caramel glaze ingredients
- Soy milk
- Powdered sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vegan butter
- Cornstarch & water mix
Other beginner’s level baking recipes
This recipe is very easy to make. It only requires you to mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ones in another one, then you mix it all. Then you add the apples and that’s it. That’s all you need to do (well, besides baking it in the oven, but that’s the oven doing the work, not you).
I think baking is great and I think that it is even greater when you do it and it’s not that hard. Yes, managing to do something very hard to do in baking is awesome too, but easy bakes are the best. If you want to try other easy baking recipes, check these ones out:
Vegan Apple Bundt cake
- Bundt pan
Apple Bundt Cake
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 6-8 medium sized apples
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup soy mik
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
Apple bundt cake
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar)
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (applesauce & milk).
- Peel the apples and cut them in cubes. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients (dry ones onto the wet ones), when the mix is homogenous, fold in the apples.
- Grease well your bundt pan, if it isn't greased properly, it will attach.
- Pour the mix into the bundt pan, it has to reach the top of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If your bundt pan is very deep, it may need a bit more. If you see that the bottom of the cake (so the top of the cake when it's cooking) is getting to brown, cover with aluminium foil till the center is properly cooked. You can use a skewer to check if the middle is cooked through.
- Once it is ready, take out of the oven and leave to rest for at least 1h.
- While the cake cools down, let's make the caramel glaze. In a non-stick pan, add the powdered sugar & the butter and let it melt. When it's melted, started adding the soy milk, 1 tbsp at a time while it's boiling.
- When you've added 3-4 tbps of soy milk, add the brown sugar. Continue to bring to a boil. Add the vanilla.
- Add the rest of the soy milk and then bring to a boil, after 1 minute boiling, add the cornstarch mix (water and cornstarch mixed together).
- Pour in the cornstarch mix onto the glaze and see how fast it thickens up. Turn off the heat and continue to stir for a couple of minutes. Set aside.
Assembling the cake
- Now that the cake has cooled down, carefully turn it over and take it out of its pan. Now, use the glaze you've prepared and poured it over the top of the cake.
Leave a Reply