Hi guys ! It’s saturday which means post day and recipe day! I cooked many good things this week, so I will be publishing all of my recipes over the next weeks.
Today’s recipe is extremely easy to make, it is under 30 minutes and it’s full of veggies!! (It also depends on the time you take cutting and prepping the vegetables, I cook all the time so I know I can be pretty fast doing this. Either way, take your time, make sure you are comfy cutting with the knife and then the more you cook, the easier it will get).
|Difficulty: 1/5||Prep time: 10 minutes|
|Type: Easy dinners||Cooking time: 20 minutes|
Serves 1-2 people : (I cooked for myself, so in the pictures there are only quantities for 1 person)
- 2 Eggplants
- 2 cups of green beans
- 2 cups of soy bean sprouts
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- A pinch of salt
For the veggies:
- Cut all vegetables in big chunks (see pic below)
- Reheat your pan and add 1 tbsp of your prefered type of oil/butter. I used olive oil.
- Once oil is reheated add vegetables in the following order :
- Green beans (let roast for 2-3 mins)
- Eggplants, mix well with green beans and cook in high-medium heat for 5-7 minutes more
- Add spices (chili powder + garlic powder + salt)
- Soybean sprouts + mushrooms at the same time after 10 minutes of cooking the green beans and eggplant.
- The veggies will become a bit dark (roasted-like), if they are too dark or it smells a bit smokey, add 1/4 cup of water to the mix and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 5 more minutes
I made some rice on the side, following package instructions, nothing out of the ordinary (I will, though, publish the instant-pot rice recipe I do at some point!). The result was incredible, extremely delicious and spicy (I love spicy food; I actually added some extra spiciness afterwards). I also topped my bowl with one fried egg (I didn’t take a picture with it on it, I took the pictures while the egg was cooking).
I hope you enjoy this very easy, everyday recipe ! Tell me in the comments if you try it out and if you enjoyed it as well 🙂