Hi guys! Back here today to share with you one of my favorite comfort food recipes. It’s rather easy to make and you just need to chop some vegetables, mix and add a bit of toppings and it will be done.
Today I want to share it with you because 1) I love this meal and 2) you love easy recipes as much as I do.
|Difficulty : 1/5||Prep time : 5 minutes|
|Type : Korean, spicy, comfort food||Cooking time : 15 minutes|
Serves 2-3 big eaters, 4 max.
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of kimchi (1 and a half will be used for the dish itself, the other half will be used as a side dish)
- 1/2 cup of green onion (chopped)
- 1 sheet of seaweed, 2 if you really like it ! (crush it or cut it thinly, to serve on top of the rice once it’s done!)
- 2 eggs or as many eggs as servings (I made this recipe for two people, so I used two eggs).
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp of gochujang (For this recipe I used a sauce that’s a bit close to gochujang cause my supermarket didn’t have any left and I had just finished the bottle, but I used a similar, same level of spiciness sauce made with 90% of gochujang).
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
In terms of spiciness, I like my kimchi fried rice REALLY spicy. If you don’t like spiciness that much, either don’t add any extra sauce at all, or just add 1 tablespoon.
- Cook the rice: I still haven’t tried the Instant Pot method to cook the rice, so I will just explain how I do it when I don’t use either a rice cooker or the instant pot :
- Rinse the rice thoroughly, then just for measurements, for every cup of rice, add 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring the water to boil and once it is boiling, reduce heat to medium and medium-low until there is no longer water left and voilà. Add more water if the rice is still a bit hard, and do the same method.
- Once rice is cooked, set aside and on a different pan, pour the tablespoon of olive oil and let it heat, once hot, add a bit of the kimchi (half a cup) and once it’s hot, start adding the rice, bit by bit and mix properly.
- Keep adding the rice and the kimchi until everything is mixed well. Add the green onions and the sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Serve in a bowl and top with sesame seeds and the seaweed.
- Fry the egg and top the bowl with it.
The result was as good as always, really spicy, really flavorful, really kimchi. It’s such a good comfort and quick meal that I have to stop myself from eating this every day.
If you try this recipe, don’t hesitate to tell me all about your results ! I love hearing about people trying my recipes !