November has me trying different things and trying out recipes that I had always wanted to try. Yeah I know that a one-pot baked gnocchi recipe doesn’t seem too “scary” not to have tried it before, but honestly, I was never in the mood for it and now that I’ve tried it, well I want it again, and again. My take on a one-pot baked gnocchi is with tons of spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes & some cheese. Here the video recipe :
The basics to make this one-pot baked gnocchi recipe
The main ingredient for this recipe is clearly gnocchi. You can make your own homemade gnocchi and use them to make this, or just buy some store ones and enjoy it as much.
The veggies I used are a classic combo: spinach, mushrooms & tomatoes. You can’t go wrong with those three, but you can also go a bit more mediterranean and go for some roasted veggies (zucchini, eggplant & peppers) and this will taste just as good.
For the cheese, I used mozza and shredded cheese. If you wanna do this with vegan cheese, here the alternatives you could use in France :
Other one-pot recipes
I haven’t featured many one-pot recipes on tofucado but I am trying to solve that, either way, here the recipes that have been featured in the blog:
One-pot baked gnocchi with spinach and mushrooms
- 2 servings gnocchi I used 2 packages of 300g (we eat a lot)
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1.5 cups mushrooms
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1-2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 package mozzarella 125 g
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Olive oil, salt & pepper to your taste
- Add a bit of olive oil in a oven-safe pan. When hot, cook the gnocchi following the package instructions. Mine needed to be cooked 5 minutes, so I cooked them at high heat for 3-4 minutes till they were a bit crusty on the outside. Set the gnocchi aside when they are ready.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200ºC.
- In the same pan, add a bit more olive oil and cook the chopped onion & minced garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the mushroom and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes and the cream. Mix well. Cook for a couple extra minutes
- Add the gnocchi & the spices and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Put the pan in the pre-heated oven and cook for 10-15 minutes till the cheese has melted and it's all good and yummy.
- Take it out of the oven and wait a couple of minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply