I love one pot recipes and I’ve said it a million times in this blog. They are not only easy to be cooked but also, there is basically only one pot to clean afterwards! And that is great. So today, I want to show you this recipe which is a mix of a lot of things I enjoy eating and honestly, it reminds me of something my dad used to make a lot when we were kids. But because I don’t want to go full “cooking this recipe made me nostalgic paragraph”, let’s look at this awesome one pot baked eggs recipe!
Ingredients to make this one pot baked eggs recipe
So to make this recipe, you will need the easiest ingredients:
- Eggs (duh)
- Protein: I used toulouse sausage
- Onion & garlic
- Spices: smoked paprika, oregano, salt & pepper
- Olive oil
and some bread to go with it. You can also make some rice, quinoa or similar and I’m pretty sure it would work super well.
Because this recipe is quite easy to make, it is also quite easy to change! Let’s look at what changes we could make in this recipe:
- Eggs: If you are vegan and you don’t want eggs, drop them! You don’t need them. You can add some soft tofu ricotta on top if you want to get that nice flavor in there.
- Protein: I used sausauge, but you can use chorizo, you can use guanciale or something like that. If you are vegan/vegetarian, there are many meat sausage alternatives out there, so go for those!
- Veggies: You can add pepper, other type of mushrooms, more onion, you can also add zucchini, carrots and honestly, any vegetable you like.
Similar recipes to this one pot baked eggs recipe
As I said in the intro, one pot recipes are my fave so there is a laaaaaaaarge selection to choose from on this blog. Here my top 5 :
- Vegetarian quenelles
- Chicken paprikash
- Shakshuka with spinach
- Doenjang jjigae
- One pot baked gnocchi with spinach and mushrooms
One pot baked eggs with sausage
- 2 sausages I used 1 per person, toulouse sausages
- 3 small yellow onions
- 4 eggs 2 per person
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- In a pan, add some olive oil. When hot, cook the mashed garlic & diced onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and diced tomatoes and cook more 5 more minutes. Add the seasoning.
- Add the sausage (cut it in slices) and the tomato sauce. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the 4 eggs in the middle and cover with a lid.
- Cook for around 10 minutes or till the eggs are cooked.
- Eat with toasted bread and enjoy!