I love English breakfast. I just do. With all my soul. Every time I go to the United Kingdom I make sure I have it at least every day. Back at home, I try to have it as often as possible but it does require some extra time every morning and I don’t have the possibility of doing it as often. I think baked beans are the best part of the breakfast, and the other day I was thinking: why not try to make them homemade? So I did. With my Instant Pot. Here the full Instant Pot Baked Beans recipe.
La recette est disponible en français tout en bas!
Ingredients for the Instant Pot Baked Beans?
The ingredient list can feel a bit overwhelming but most of these are already in your pantry, so don’t worry:
- White beans: If you can get some navy beans in your hands, that’d be even better. I haven’t found any in french supermarkets so far, so i went with your average white bean. I soaked them for like 12 hours.
- Sauces: Ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard, tomato paste and apple cider vinegar.
- Spices: bay leaves, garlic powder, smoked paprika
- Veggie broth
- Cornstarch to thicken them once they are cooked.
How to make these Instant Pot baked beans?
Am I making another dump & go recipe? Well, yes I am. There are four steps to follow in this recipe. First of all, we dump all the ingredients except for the cornstarch. Secondly, we mix well and add the veggie broth. Thirdly, we close the Instant Pot and let it do its magic for 15 minutes (followed by some natural release (NR)).
Last but not least, once the whole Instant Pot process is done and the floating valve is down, we open the lid and we mix in the cornstarch one tablespoon at a time. Making sure it is not too thick.
When they have the consistency you want, you can either enjoy them right away in some good English breakfast , or even with some beans on toast as a snack!
What is your favorite savory breakfast? I also adore waffles (savory ones!). Tell me all in the comments.
If you want to check out my other tofucado breakfast recipes: my tofu scrambled English breakfast, some nice homemade bread buns to toast and eat with jam & butter, or even some nice granola.
As per usual, I hope you all enjoy this recipe and if you try it out, don’t forget to tag @tofu_cado and show me the results!
Have a great thursday, and see you next time !
Instant Pot Baked Beans from scratch Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 2.5 cups white beans soaked for a bit over 12h
- 2 tbsp mustard Dijon mustard
- 7 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-7 tbsp cornstarch For thickening the beans
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot (Except for the cornstarch)
- Make sure the beans are covered with the liquid, but not too much. Mix well.
- Close the lid, set the valve to sealing and click on manual. Set the timer to 15 minutes. The Instant Pot will take around 15 to 20 minutes to reach pressure. When the timer goes off, do a complete natural release. It took around 30 minutes for the floating valve to come down. When it's safe to do so, open the lid.
- Be careful cause it will be quite hot and steamy. Add the cornstarch and mix well. Add one tbsp at a time to monitor the thickness. I added around 6 tbsp.
- Now it's all ready and you can enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack !
Recette en français : Haricots à la sauce tomate fait maison
- 250g haricots blancs (trempés pendant un peu plus de 12h)
- 2 cuillères à soupe de:
- moutarde dijon
- concentrée de tomates
- sauce worcestershire
- vinaigre de cidre
- paprika fumé
- poudre d’ail
- 7 cuillère à soupe de ketchup
- 750 ml de bouillon végétal
- 2 feuilles de laurier
- Entre 5 et 7 cuillères à soupe de maizena.
- Sel et poivre au goût.
- Mettre tous les ingrédients dans l’Instant Pot sauf la maizena.
- Les haricots doivent être couverts par le bouillon mais n’ajouter pas trop. Bien mélanger.
- Fermer l’instant Pot, vérifier que la sealing valve est bien sur Sealing. Sélectionner le mode “Manual/Pressure cooker” et ajouter le timer à 15 minutes. L’instant Pot prendra entre 15 et 20 minutes à arriver à la pression maximale. Quand le timer est terminé laisser l’instant Pot tranquil, on fait une Natural Release. Cela prendra une trentaine de minutes. Quand la floating valve est descendue, vous pouvez ouvrir l’instant Pot.
- Ajouter la maizena, cuillère par cuillère jusqu’à obtenir une consistence plus dense.
- Manger avec le petit dej ou comme un goûter !
Leave a Reply