Ever since I made this recipe two months ago it has become my go-to quiche. Every time I make it, it is a success and everyone loves it so it definitely need to be here. The recipe is a spinach, mushroom and sun-dried tomato quiche with some goat cheese and let me tell you, it is not only super easy to make but also freaking delicious.
Ingredients to make this spinach mushroom quiche
To make this you will need:
- Spinach (you can totally use frozen if you don’t have fresh, just make sure there is not a lot of liquid otherwise the quiche will be liquid).
- Mushrooms (as for the spinach, frozen are fine, just no liquid!!)
- Sun-dried tomatoes (if they are soaked in oil, dry them a bit before mixing it all).
- Herbs: herbes de provence, basil, oregano… whatever you feel like adding! I usually add my italian mix (oregano, salt & pepper with a bit of paprika) and it works super well.
- Goat cheese
- Grated cheese
- Shortcrust pastry: you can use store-bought, that’s what I always use.
Alternatives to this spinach mushroom quiche
So this is actually the first quiche I have ever posted on tofucado, but I have done other homemade tarts before, both savory & sweet:
French cuisine has a lot of different quiches and to be honest, quiches are so easy to find that sometimes you just don’t think about making them at home. However, this recipe made me change the way I think about quiches and I’m soooo happy I finally got around to make some at home. Now, this recipe has become my go-to and I kinda make it every week now! You can eat the quiche with a salad on the side, or some homemade soup and it is such a perfect combo.
Easy spinach mushroom and sun-dried tomato quicheCourse: MainCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
6-7 sun-dried tomatoes
1.5 tbsp italian seasoning (oregano, salt and pepper and a bit of paprika)
3.5 tbsp cream
50g goat cheese
100g grated cheese
- Cook the spinach and the sliced mushrooms for around 5 to 7 minutes. When cooked, set aside for it to cool down.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them. Add the cream, seasoning and whisk again.
- Add in the cooked spinach, mushrooms and the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and mix everything together. It should not be super watery, and more on the thick batter side. Add the grated cheese and mix again.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180ºC.
- In a quiche mold, set a parchment paper and put your pastry on top. Add the slices of goat cheese at the bottom of the quiche pastry.
- Pour the quiche mix on top and spread evenly.
- Cook the quiche in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes, keeping an eye so it doesn’t brown too much.
- Enjoy right away or you can leave it to cool down and eat it later!