2021 is the year I become a bread master. In january I made some super good white bread loaf and in february I wanted to do something else. So I did an amazing easy homemade focaccia recipe with tons of cherry tomatoes & olives because honestly, those two ingredients are the perfect combination. As per usual, check out the video recipe right here:
Ingredients to make this homemade focaccia recipe
You are making bread basically, so you will need the basic ingredients to make bread:
- Flour (tons of it)
- Yeast (I used instant yeast)
- Some sugar
- Olive oil
Focaccia is pretty good on its own and it’s actually a very nice bread to it “natural” (mostly because of its high content of olive oil, anything with a lot of olive oil will automatically be delicious). But, if you want to take your focaccia a bit further and add some toppings, the combinations are endless. I went for some basic cherry tomatoes and olives but you can do a lot of things, some classic topping ideas are:
- Other vegetables you can use as toppings: Asparagus, artichokes, onions, zuchinnis…
- Bacon & cheese are a pretty standard combo.
- Caramelized onions with some goat cheese: perfect for a fancy dinner
- Mozzarella with garlic olive oil: if you wanna treat yourself to some delicious meal.
- Red pepper with ricotta
- Smoked salmon
Similar recipes to this homemade focaccia recipe
Since I wanna start making more bread, tofucado will naturally have more bread recipes. Most of these recipes are pretty basic because 1) i’m just starting to get to know bread and 2) i’m not a professional baker and I always wanna post recipes that are easy to make.
Some other recipes you can check out are:
Homemade Focaccia recipe (cherry tomatoes&olives)
- 4 cups flour all-purpose.
- 1.5 cups lukewarm water
- 1 pack instant yeast 7g
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp fine salt Use less if using kosher salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Bunch of cherry tomatoes Around 100-150g
- Bunch of olives Around 10-15 olives
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thym
- 1 tbsp basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes till yeast starts to bubble.
- In a larger bowl, add the flour & salt. Mix well then make a hole in the middle. Pour the yeast, sugar & water mixture when it starts to bubble.
- Add the olive oil and mix well. When the dough starts to form a ball, put it in a well-floured workspace and knead for around 10 minutes or till the dough is smooth & elastic.
- Set the dough to rise in a well-greased bowl until it doubles in size. It took mine 2h to rise.
- Once it has doubled in size, degaze it with your hands and put the dough in a well-greased tray that you will use to cook the focaccia in. Stretch the dough so it reaches the corners of the tray, covering it completely.
- Cover with a towel and let it rest for 2h. You can leave it overnight if you want as well.
- After those 2 hours (or the day after), pre-heat the oven at 200ºC then poke holes in the dough and start putting your toppings. Add the herbs and a generous quantity of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes till the bottom is well cooked and the top starts to look golden.
- Wait 5-10 minutes before eating and enjoy!
Leave a Reply