Chickpeas are my favorite thing in the world and you probably noticed cause I keep posting chickpea recipes. Since I got my Instant Pot, I always have a tupper with at least 1kg of cooked chickpeas in the fridge, ready to be used. Today I wanted to share my top 3 go-to vegan chickpea recipes that I always make: whether I’m busy, whether I’m lazy or whether I just feel like having a nice, wholesome meal.
Check out the full 3 vegan chickpea recipes video right here👇
First vegan chickpea recipe: Chickpea couscous salad
Ingredients for 2 people
- 1.5 cups of couscous
- 2 cups of chickpeas (cooked)
- a bunch of cherry tomatoes
- 6 white asparagus
- 2 beetroots
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Some salt, garlic powder & pepper
- Cook the couscous following the package instructions. Let it cool down.
- While it cools down, chop the cherry tomatoes, beetroots & asparagus.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let the magic happen.
- Assemble the salad: pour some vinaigrette, mix well. Add the chickpeas, then add the rest of the veggies. Voilà !
Second vegan chickpea recipe: Japanese-style chickpea curry
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- 1.5 cups of frozen spinach
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of plant-based milk
- 1 pack of golden curry
- 3 cups of veggie broth
- Cook the veggies in the following order: onion + garlic (3 minutes), carrots (4 minutes), spinach (5 minutes), then tomatoes (5 minutes).
- Add 1 cup of broth then add the golden curry tablet, 1 square at a time. Mix it well. It will become thicker so don’t hesitate adding more broth.
- Add the chickpeas and the milk. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- It will become thicker so don’t hesitate adding more broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes, and it’s ready.
- We ate ours with some white rice on the side. A delicious meal.
Third vegan chickpea recipe: Maple syrup glazed chickpeas with veggies and rice noodles
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- 1 cup of edamame (Frozen)
- 1/2 cup of green beans (frozen)
- A bunch of spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 green onion
- 2 servings of rice noodles
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Cook the edamame, green beans and spinach together for 10 minutes. Set aside. (Since I was using frozen green beans, I boiled them for 5 minutes before cooking it with the rest).
- In a wok, add the rice vinegar and sesame oil. When hot, add the garlic & green onion. It’s going to start smelling very strong like garlic after 3 minutes, add the soy sauce at that point. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the maple syrup. When it starts to bubble, add the chickpeas.
- Cook the chickpeas for 10 minutes till they are fully coated and sticky with the sauce.
- Serve with some rice noodles, the veggies we made before and the chickpeas!
- Bon appétit!
Want more vegan chickpea recipes ?
These are my favorite vegan chickpea recipes, but I have many others :
- Pan-roasted potatoes with spinach and chickpeas
- Vegan chickpea curry (yeah, another one)
- Roasted cauliflower & chickpea
- Instant Pot: Quick Chickpea Stew
What is your favorite chickpea recipe ? Tell me in the comment section!
If you try one of these recipes, don’t hesitate tagging me @tofu_cado, I’d love to see the results!
Leave a Reply