It’s been ages and life hasn’t been the easiest since 2022 started but I kinda need to stop giving excuses and just step it up! So here I am, bringing back tofucado from the ashes and giving you one of my favorite recipes of the moment. I have been talking about this recipe for so long and it’s finally here! I think it was about time. I basically make this 25 minute creamy swiss chard pasta every week because 1) it’s super simple to make; 2) I love swiss chard and 3) it’s freaking delicious! So if you want to discover this recipe, keep reading!
Ingredients to make this creamy swiss chard pasta
So to make this you will need :
- Swiss chard (it is, after all, the main ingredient of this recipe)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spices & herbs: oregano, garlic powder, hot paprika, salt & pepper.
- Some olive oil
- Pasta of your choosing
- Cream, to make things creamier.
- Parmesan cheese because who can resist parmesan cheese.
Alternatives to this creamy swiss chard pasta
So this recipe is super good and I have made many variations of it. Obviously the main ingredient is swiss chard so it is always present. Some of the variations I made are:
- Less color, more flavor: Same recipe as this one but instead of cherry tomatoes I add shallots.
- More vegetables: Same recipe as this one but I also add spinach leaves.
- More garlic: Drop all the veggies, and just add a generous amount of garlic (and obviously, drop the garlic powder).
- More tomato: Add some tomato sauce to this recipe and it will be so much different!
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Not only because swiss chard is so good, but also because pasta is super versatile so you can do a million different things with it.
My favorite tofucado pasta recipes
Obviously this one will be in the top now, but I have published my fair share of pasta recipes and my top 3 would be (without counting this one):
- Kimchi mac & cheese (is this even a surprise?)
- Pumpkin pasta (because when I made this I was so shocked that I had the same thing three times that week)
- My go-to vegan lentil bolognese (I don’t go a month without making this! And it’s such a great meal prep recipe).
25 minute creamy swiss chard pasta
8 swiss chard branches (around 4 per person)
200g cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons cream
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon hot paprika
Salt u0026 Pepper to taste
A bit of olive oil
2 pasta servings (1 per person)
A bit of parmesan cheese
- Cut your vegetables and have them ready to be cooked. You can thinly slice your mushrooms, cut your cherry tomatoes in halves and slice the swiss chard.
- In a pan, add some olive oil and when hot, add the swiss chard.
- Add all the seasoning and mix well. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms u0026 cherry tomatoes. Add the cream, mix well and let it cook at medium heat for 10 more minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare your pasta.
- Drain your pasta and mix everything together with the vegetables, add some pasta water if there isn’t enough u0022creaminessu0022.
- Serve and cover with some parmesan cheese!