After some time not posting, today I wanted to share a very nice & quick recipe with you all. Also, one of my very first avocado recipes in this blog (which is a shame cause tofucado is 50% avocado territory, and I rarely own that part). So today I wanna talk about this super delicious 20 minutes creamy avocado pasta that oh my god, will make you drool. I decided to make this recipe because I had this crazy idea for a video on my youtube channel (tofucado&books) and I had to make something that went well with it: and this creamy avocado pasta was that thing! Check out the video that inspired this recipe down below:
Ingredients to make this creamy avocado pasta
This pasta is extremely easy to make, you only need a few ingredients and you can easily adjust it according to your own preferences:
- Pasta: of your choice, obviously. I usually use curly pasta for this type of recipe cause the sauce gets mixed better, but “long” pasta such as spaguetti would also work well.
- Avocado (main ingredient)
- Spinach: you can use any other “green” veggie, kale would work well with this, swiss chard as well (but it needs to be well cooked)
- Basil: it gives that umph flavor to the sauce and it will be so so good
- Herbs: I add some fines herbes, some paprika and some salt & pepper
- Cream: to make it even better
- Plus: cherry tomatoes & garlic. Those two together are a match made in heaven, and oh my they add so much to the recipe (plus it makes it colorful!)
How to make this recipe
This recipe is super easy to make, you only need to do three things:
- Boil the pasta & cook it according to package instructions, then drain it.
- Make the sauce in a mixer (mix all the ingredients together).
- Cook the cherry tomatoes & garlic with a bit of olive oil.
Then mix it all together!
Similar recipes to this creamy avocado pasta
Tofucado has featured a certain amount of pasta recipes, so if you wanna check them out, here they are:
Creamy avocado pasta
- 2 avocados (1 avocado per person)
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves If you want it less garlicky, add 1 garlic clove per person
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup frozen spinach You can use fresh too
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp fines herbes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 servings of pasta of your choice 1 serving per person
Cook the pasta
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt.
- When the water is boiling, cook your pasta following package instructions. I cooked mine (cavatappi) for 9 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce & the veggies
Creamy avocado sauce
- Cook the spinach in a pot, when cooked set aside.
- In a mixer, add the avocado, the basil leaves, the herbs, the cream and the spinach.
- Mix well until you have a creamy texture.
In the same pot you cooked the spinach (because we enjoy not washing a million dishes)
- Add the olive oil, when hot, add the minced garlic and cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- Cook for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, reserve a tiny bit of that pasta water in case the sauce is too thick.
- Mix the avocado sauce with the pasta, then add the cherry tomatoes & garlic. Mix everything well.